Briana Marie Photography. Powered by Blogger.

July 16, 2011

The July that changed EVERYTHING!!

I have always loved the month of July.  When I hear July I always think of summer...boating, BBQ's, camping etc. Well 2 years ago, July became my favorite and most meaningful month to me for a completely different reason.  This time, 2 years ago I held my baby boy in my arms for the first time.  It was the moment that something that I have always wanted, became a reality....it was to be a mom, to have a child and to be a complete family.  After years of aching for a child, many miscarriages, failed fertility treatments and lots of tears, we now held in our arms and had in our life, the most perfect gift ever.  

I learned a lot that day about selfless love.  As I held my boy, with tears streaming down my cheeks, I looked over at his birth mom who had just gone through 12 hard hours of labor.  The love I felt for her was instant.  I looked at her and she looked back at me with a smile on her face and I believe we both knew at that moment that this is how God intended it to be.  As we embraced each other later, the words 'I love you' was whispered from our lips to one another.  Those words couldn't have rang more true to someone than they did that day.  I love her for so many reasons.  I love her for giving me something that I desperately wanted, but couldn't give myself.  For trusting me to raise and love this child.  For loving her boy enough to place him with us because she knew she couldn't give him what he needed at that time in her life.  I loved her for her courage, for her faith and for her strength.  I loved her for this perfect baby that she allowed to call me 'Mom".

It was a year later that I ran across this poem and it is something I read often.

Once there were two women who never knew each other
One you do not remember, the other you call Mother

Two different lives shaped to make you one
One became your guiding star, the other became your sun

The first one gave you life, and the second taught you to live it
The first gave you a need for love, the second was there to give it

One gave you a nationality, the other gave you a name
One gave you a talent, the other gave you aim

One gave you emotions, the other calmed your fears
One saw your first sweet smile, the other dried you tears

One made an adoption plan, that was all that she could do
The other prayed for a child, and God led her straight to you.

Now, which of these two women, Are you the product of?
Both, my darling, Both, Just two different types of love.
---- Unknown


I have thought many times about that day in the hospital.  What a whirl wind of emotions we had that day.  Besides my wedding day, I know that was one of the most PERFECT days of my life.  If there was one thing I could have added to it, I would have hired a professional photographer to capture all those small moments, emotions and expressions that day in the hospital.  For me, I didn't have 9 months to watch my belly grow, to feel the baby kick, to have an ultrasound, or hear the heart beat for the first time.  All of my emotions and moments were in that very moment of the Dr. telling my husband and I to put on our gowns because the baby was ready to come.  I remember when he told me that, the tears started....and they didn't stop.  I couldn't believe that I was there in that room, at that time, preparing to meet the little boy I had only dreamed about for years.  The birth aunt got some amazing pictures that I CHERISH with all of my heart.  Those pictures say more than words can say.  I am grateful for those.
However; I have thought so much about that idea of having a photographer there, that I want to be able to do that for someone in that same stage of life that we were in.  So I am asking for all of your help.  If you know of a birth mom and adopted family that will be doing a 'placement' soon (in the state of Utah).  I would love to capture that moment for them...for FREE!   So please be my eyes and ears and keep me informed if you know of anyone that would be interested.

In addition to that, my August is getting pretty booked so I am limited with my spots but I am going to take $100 off my session for any adopted family that books a session in August.  It will be a first come, first serve basis for the first 3 families that contact me and book their appointment.

I have such a love for adoption.  It is amazing how my journey the last few years have led me to where I am.  My love for photography, my amazing family,a wonderful husband, friends and sweet little boy.  I have met some amazing birth moms, adopted families, adopted children and amazing organizations that have taught me so much these last few years.  I am grateful for all of them!

I took this picture a few weeks ago and it melted my heart.  This is why I feel so blessed...this is what completes me.  


6 comments:

Shafferprincess July 16, 2011 at 11:55 AM  

Absolutely beautiful, Briana! That picture of your holding Kaiden for the first time, tears on your face, is breathtaking. Perfect.

We've been blessed to be able to become pregnant and birth our own kids, but I have two siblings that have had the chance to adopt, and to be with them when they've sealed their babies to them has been wonderful. Adoption is a wonderful thing, and I, too, am grateful for adoption. Without it, I wouldn't have those 2 nephews and 4 nieces to love on!

I hope you're able to adopt again, soon. :)

Candace and Brian July 16, 2011 at 12:29 PM  

So I cried through this whole post and the pic at the end sent me over the top. Adoption is such a sacred beautiful thing and anytime anyone talks about it I get all emotional. our story is so different, and yet so the same. What beautiful birth mothers we both had. I will spread the word of this to my family & friends because I think it's an amazing thing you are going to do.

Joie July 16, 2011 at 1:53 PM  

I think this is exactly what I needed to hear in order to understand your vision. I am honored to be witness to such beautiful stories and I hope you achieve everything you desire.

masonmadness July 16, 2011 at 8:10 PM  

I love love love the idea. I think it is such an incredible idea and I'm so excited for you. And I agree, pictures say a thousand words. That picture of you guys in the hospital is so precious. And I love Kaiden. I can't imagine our family without him. He is such a doll. Thanks for letting us stay with you this past week. It was a lot of fun. We love you guys.

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett July 17, 2011 at 5:12 PM  

Beautiful words and what a fun idea. I can't wait to see what you capture.

Love that picture of your boys.

A Jolley August 6, 2011 at 3:28 PM  

Briana
Your July is my December 2004.
We weren't present for his birth but certainly felt all those emotions at the placement and you described those feelings so well. Steve G. is a long time friend of mine. He was training me the summer of '09 when my husband and I found out we were expecting (first conception ever too!) just after our 15 yr wedding anniversary. Now my two miracles are best friends. I would love to take you up on your adoption offer but my training had to stop with a very unpleasant pregnancy. I just started again and will take a few months to feel picture worthy again, especially with your amazing talent! If you ever offer this again, please do let me know! Our little boy is so stinking cute, and he is fun to photograph! Congrats on your cute family.

Thanks!

Amy J - amyj@squire.com

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have always had a passion for photography and catching that moment that will help you remember something forever. However; my real passion came when my son was born. It was a moment that words can't explain but a picture told the whole story. After that day I realized that I wanted to capture those moments for everyone....to tell a story that one has to see to believe.
All images are owned by Briana Marie Photography
All Rights Reserved

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP